Thursday, August 18, 2005

Change in the blog...

Not that I think anyone is really reading this, but I am going to make a concerted effort to begin covering local issues more. What is going on in the political world of Phoenix, AZ and the rest of the South West.

Currently, there is are city election in Phoenix and Tucson on the Sept. 13th. In Phoenix, I think there will be a non-partisan primary, where a canidate must win a majority of ballots cast to avoid the runoff. In Tucson, there will be a partisan primary by ward in Sept and at-large general election in November.

Coming up in 2006, we have a gubernatorial race, AG, etc. I also hear that Congressman J.D. Hayworth has accepted a job with Fox news and will be vacating his seat. Who will fill it? Rick Romley, perhaps. That would explain his by passing the gov race.

Email me if with any rumors that you may have heard...

No comments: