Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Republic is out of touch and dumb, like the President

I have been trying to cover local politics, but I could not let this article about SOTO from the Arizona Republic pass without comment. I almost didn't read the article after reading the headline "Bush outlines ambitious domestic agenda", knowing full well it would just make me mad. I guess I am a glutton for punishment because I read it anyway. Guess what, it made me mad...

Ambitious, really? How? It seemed like a repeat of the other SOTO speeches under Bush. Let me summarize, ahh hummm: I am a uniter not a divider (the Democrats cause all the problems, we would have bi-partisanship if Democrats would always agree with me), Blah blah fuel economy in 2178, we are winning the war (well we would be, but all of those damn Iraqis are causing problems), Tax cuts are good (I have created 7 million jobs, except it is only 3 million if you count job losses during my two terms, don't tell anyone. I wish I could create 21 million jobs like Clinton, damn him he he he), we need to cut spending (increase spending on the things I want, give another tax cut, but cut everything else), balance the budget (what's a budget?), fix health care (give a tax cut), fix entitlements (by getting rid of them).

That is about it. So, Arizona Republic where is the ambitious speech? Got any bias?

UPDATE --- This article is a better representation of reality.

No comments: