Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Pope Declares One True Church, Can You Guess Which One?

I have to preface this by saying that I was born and baptised Catholic. In fact, I was supposed to be a priest (and those of you out there that know me, know that I find that funny too). I am now a fairly ardent (albeit still open minded) atheist. At any rate, the older I get the more I just find this kind of stuff amusing.

The AP article is here. So, the Pope has declared the Church that he is head of the one true church? Imagine the controversy if he would have declared the Southern Baptist Convention the one true church.

David Cross has a great bit about how the connections between religion and D & D can be quite striking at times. Sorry all you religious people out there, but I don't know how you take this stuff seriously. UPDATE: Here is the David Cross link.

But what do I know? I am just a sarcastic lapsed Catholic.

No comments: