Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Phoenix is Everybody's Whipping Boy, Is It Fair?

The Economist ripped into the City of Phoenix here. I certainly agree that crime, traffic and pollution are problems in Phoenix. They criticize the light rail which is a step to alleviate two of the three major problems. I have heard a lot of complaints and criticism of the light rail, but I have not heard any other solutions, viable or otherwise. I would really like my kids to breath clean air and I don't mean that as some sort of platitude. I would like them to grow up and not think about the level air pollution when they want to go outside.

At any rate, I think we are going through growing pains in Phoenix. I also think there is a lot great stuff going on in Phoenix. I don't agree with the assessment of the economist, but we should not ignore what they have to say.

What do you think we should do about crime, traffic and pollution in Phoenix?

1 comment:

Craig said...

Is it fair? Nah.

Mesa's worse.

All of the problems of Phoenix without the upside.