Monday, September 10, 2007

Interestingly Stupid

This article from the Arizona Republic contains an interesting study, but their analysis (it is actually a Chicago Tribune article) is a little stupid. While I would like to believe that liberals are generally more open minded than conservatives, I am not so sure that it always true. I have had dealings with actvists that would blow peoples minds. Now, I am not saying that the study isn't true in some aspects, but anyone who has worked in politics knows that the lunatic fringe on both extremes is a little ridged and to me seems pretty much the same. The simple fact is that individual behaviour is more important than group tendencies.


As usual, the author does not give any real information about the study, except that 43 students took part. 43 is not even a small sample, it is less than nothing. At any rate, I find these discussions of Liberal and Conservative a little tired and not very useful. While we will continue to use it as short hand because it is easy, the simple fact is that most of us have more incommon than not...

No comments: