Thursday, October 25, 2007

Thomas Watch: Good idea Andy, no one would abuse that...

Andy "The douche" Thomas has another brilliant idea. Try this on for size, you will be able to anonymously turn-in employers for violating Arizona's new employer sanctions law. Yes, that is a good idea... I can't imagine anyone abusing that.

Good work Andy, if you keep up this pace you will have destroyed much by the time you run for Governor. You can claim rightly that you worked hard at reducing the size of government (or at least further damaging the public trust) through incompetence, political hackery and pure douche baggery.

BTW -- Maricopa is the only county that will accept anonymous tips about employers. Every other county will require a notarized statement. But everyone knows that notarized statements are for chumps.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh, DFI alows for anonymous tips to "rat out" mortgage brokers & bankers. Something tells me you support that... I'll bet you don't even publish my comments.

A DemLament said...

I don't think that should be allowed either... If you are not willing to attest to something under oath or at least by stating your name, then I think a reasonable person could question the validity of your claim. The only exception I can think of is a whistle blower who needs to be protected. The problem is that there is a real danger of companies using the law punitively (I think the mortgage industry would face the same dangers). It sure would be a good way to get back at a competitor. It would be a pretty significant regulatory burden to prove the status of your workers based on an anonymous allegation.

BTW -- The only reason I moderate comments is so I can read them, not because I want to censor them. Every comment I have ever received has been posted.