Monday, January 28, 2008

Lightrail set for completion

I for one am excited about the completion of the light rail. I do not drive very much, but I really want to use it when I can. The Arizona Republic has this article about the schedule for completion. I have written about his before, but I don't really understand the opposition to the whole project. From what I can see, the light rail seems to be a good balance of size, scope and planning. It seems big enough to be useful, but not big to cost too much and become a major boondoggle.

I wish people would be a little more open minded about the whole thing. I don't think we can continue to grow through building highways. This is a good start, lets hope it works well for everyone's sake...

1 comment:

Curtis Dutiel said...

Sorry, But I just don't see it being as effective as many hope. It doesn't go far enough east,(and nothing west or north). The parking around the Tempe end is woefully inadequate for it to be a 'park and ride' set up, and the traffic pattern getting to/from the Tempe will be a nightmare.