Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Polls make me go ARG, or, someone else did this work and I'm talking about it now.

So it turns out, yes, there is a problem when polling companies do not include cell phones, as I talked about in my last (and first) post on A Democrat's Lament.

As it's explained much better here, at least one polling company-American Research Group, or ARG- did not poll cell phones because, apparently, young people don't vote. Well, as Tony Cani said over on wactivist, young voters in Iowa turned out so much that they represented a higher proportion of votes than they represent amongst the electorate.

Not only that, but the head of that polling org actually turns out to be kind of a dick, and now it looks like the editors on Wikipedia have removed most references to American Research Group in articles dealing with political polls.

The article I linked to above will give you a much better idea of the whole thing.

No comments: