Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Robert Rob: It's hard out there for a relic

Our good friend Robert Robb from the Arizona Republic once again has taken to criticizing our Governor. I don't have a problem with criticism per se. I think it is a good thing. I just feel sorry for poor Robb and his utter lack of understanding of how the government works (poor guy has to write a column about something he is struggling to understand. It must hard for him.).

Robb accuses our fine Governor of missing the point on education and of being an incrementalist(it is a big word for him. I bet used his thesaurus). He takes her to task for not fixing the various indicators that remain unchanged since she took office. The problem is that he forgot that all of the legislation passed in Arizona is passed the Legislature (I know it is hard to believe. I used to think the Governor could just make up legislation too, but surprisingly, no. ). Mr. Rob it makes me very happy to let you know that your own party controls the Legislature.

Mr. Robb now that you know the Legislature is controlled by your party you should open that Rolodex of yours and start calling all of your buddies at the capital. I bet you could use your influence to pass all of the educational reforms you want. Come on, help the Governor fix all of those indicators.

No comments: