Thursday, March 20, 2008

The sad result of the Bush years

I have not had a lot of time to write lately and I know I promised to get back to local issues, but I could not let this pass. The video below represents to me a government that is run by ideologues that do not have the people's interest at heart. It is very sad that we chose to not regulate the mortgage industry and that we now choose to leave our fellow citizen out in the cold. The part that is perhaps just as bad, is that our media is not covering this story. Why did this come from the BBC?

Make all the arguments that you want about personal responsibility and whatever other conservative argument you want to make, but I grew up with the belief that being an American citizen was something special and that we take care of our own. I think I am safe in saying that most Americans no longer feel that way...


No comments: