Friday, August 12, 2005

Cindy Sheehan

I am going to take a different approach on the Sheehan story than most liberal bloggers. Check out this story from the DAILY KOS today. I have a problem with the whole approach of Republicans and some Democrats towards Cindy Sheehan. She is being churned through the Republican attack machine and now Dems are leaping to her defense about whether she changed her story or changed her mind about Bush.

Here is what I have to say, it doesn't matter whether she is inconsistent or whether changed her mind. She is the grieving mother of a dead son. I am sure than she changes her mind 50 times a day about how she feels. I am sure she is beside herself with the senselessness of his death, regardless of the politics involved. I think everyone needs to backoff this poor woman and let her have her say. Everyone needs to forget about the politics and give her the sympathy and understanding she deserves. Shame on the Republicans for attacking her.

No comments: