Monday, February 26, 2007

Why do the wingers hate the light rail?

I have tried to figure this out for a while, but I still cannot fathom the opposition. I know they hate government, taxes and the like, but the taxes would be paid anyway (for road construction) and the government would be just as big building roads, so why the road building bias? I am sure that they can all see the smog that hangs over the valley...

I for one am open to nearly any solution that cleans up our air or do they not believe our air is dirty? There is this article in the Republic today about opposition to light rail. Building more roads is inevitable, but studies show that more roads do not lead to less driving or less pollution. It just pushes sprawl further out.

If any of you anti-light rail people are out there, tell why you hate light rail (and I don't want to hear some anti-government rant, please see above). After that, tell me how you think we can improve the air quality in the valley.

No comments: