Thursday, August 23, 2007

Tough Article About the District 7 Race in the New Times

This article in the Phoenix New Times takes some pretty swift shots at Laura Pastor. I don't think this bodes well for the effectiveness of her campaign. I am not sure how many people will read the article in her district, but it does expose a pretty weak campaign operation. Note to Pastor's people, return the phone calls of reporters, lest you piss them off and they write a really hard hitting story about you.

Pretty much everything rival campaigns have been saying about her landed in the article. Once these sorts of things are in print they become de facto accepted fact. I know that is not always fair, but it is true. This article will be widely circulated and quoted by opponents.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Phoenix New Times is kind of like this blog - NO ONE READS IT.

Don't give up your day job.

A DemLament said...

The New Times has a pretty large circulation. As far as this website, I get about 60 hits a day (I am growing about 100% per month). And no, you don't have to worry about me quiting my day job, I actually like my day job.

My question for you is why are you so hostile and anonymous?

AZ Republic 440,906
The New Times 111,256

Anonymous said...

No one reads the Phoenix New Times? That's rich. Care to explain why, then, is getting on the Best Of edition an obsession held by dozens, if not hundreds, of Valley musicians and artists?

Man, that post was really good for a laugh.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, thanks for the stats. I guess you put me in my place...speaking of which, 440,906 read the Arizona Republic's endorsement of Laura Pastor!

One last thing, I will gladly reveal myself when you do. Why hide behind this blog? Grow a pair and disclose your identity in your next post.

Anonymous said...

The most disturbing thing I read in the New Times is that Laura did not recuse herself event though her ex-boyfried/fundraising consultant was lobbying her. That really showed lots of integrity. The Republic's endorsment is purely political. They chose Laura because she became a teacher? As if that is any better than Ruth Ann's teaching career. Michael's work with the Church or Art's work with the Department of Education

Lisa

Weston Krogstadt said...

The Arizona Republic chose Laura becasue she was the best candidate for the job. The majority of District 7 residents agree.