Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Endorsements does anyone really care?

I was reading this blog entry from Rum, Romanism and Rebellion about how all the local muckity mucks are lining up in the presidential race. It got me to thinking about endorsements in general and how little they actually mean. I don't even care which candidate Ken Cheveraunt likes and he is my state senator.

I have tremendous respect for Raul Grijalva, but it does not make me more likely to vote for John Edwards. As far as I can tell, only two endorsement have the potential to produce votes in Arizona, Janet Napolitano or Raul Grijalva.

They are the only two Democrats in the state with the political talent and operations necessary to produce votes. It is not enough for either of them to put their names on letterhead. They would have to lend staff, supporters, lists and expertise. Beyond that, I cannot think how endorsements mean anything.

No comments: