Monday, February 11, 2008

Obama, the nomination and local coverage

I have been thinking a lot about what Obama has to do to win the nomination before the convention. This post from Kos crystallized my thinking on the subject: Obama needs to win all three contests tomorrow. After that, he must win 2 out of 3 of the following Texas, Pennsylvania and Ohio. In addition to that, he must win a super majority of these contests Hawaii, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Mississippi, Indiana, North Carolina, Oregon, Montana, South Dakota. The other thing that must happen, he must win a majority of the popular vote.

I know that sounds unfair, but I think it is the reality. He must win such a convincing victory that super delegates will see the writing on the wall and even the Clintons will accept that they are beaten.

My last topic for the day is an apology about my lack of local coverage as of late. I put up two new local posts last night (yes, McCain counts as local). It is hard for a political junkie to not write about the presidential race even though there are many local issues that need coverage. I will do better, I promise.

No comments: