Friday, May 30, 2008

Thomas Watch: Thanks Andy, Heck of a job!

The East Valley Tribune has this editorial about the Maricopa County tax payers being forced to pickup the legal bills of Dennis Wilenchik. While I agree in principle that prosecutors should be protected from the financial dangers of pursuing prosecutions, I am not sure that it should be absolute. I am also not sure that private attorneys should be deputized as prosecutors. Furthermore, I am not sure someone as dumb as Andy Thomas should be allowed to contractually indemnify the County's tax payers based on his bone-headed decisions. How much will this cost us? Andy Thomas and Joe Arpaio sure cost us a lot money.

I would make this a major campaign issue if I was running against him...

1 comment:

Richard1944 said...

This guy just keeps getting worse and worse each day. I want character and experience in the office, and I will get both when Tim Nelson becomes our County Attorney this fall!!!